Thursday, October 27, 2011

Purify My Body, Lose the Toxins

It is about time that I add an update to my blog. It is hard for me to find extra time since I have been going to bed early in order to get enough sleep to keep my body healthy. No more staying up until midnight catching up on things!

My running has been going pretty well. I have not been running every morning like I would like to...getting up at 5:00 a.m. is really difficult. My first official 5k race is this Saturday and I am really looking forward to it. My goal for this first race is not to come in last :-)  I will update later about that experience. Then I will look to my next 5k on December 10th.

Today is the start of my body purification program for 21 days using Standard Process Purification Program. www.standardprocess.com My goal is to get the toxins out of my body that affect my liver, kidneys, small intestine, and large intestine. There are hundreds of chemicals in our bodies that can disrupt our immune, endocrine, nervous, and reproductive systems. My areas for improvement are (1) emotions (2) headaches (3) skin and (4) weight. Some of our toxins are from external factors, but most are from what we eat. Eating clean foods during the program (and all the time) are key to getting rid of a lot of the toxins in my body.

I start days 1-7 with shakes, whole food fiber and cleanse supplements. Days 8-21, I continue the shakes and whole food fiber, but stop the cleanse and add the green food supplements. I can eat as many fresh organic vegetables and fruit as I want, plus lentils and 4 T healthy oils. I can add free-range, hormone-free organic chicken on day 11. No alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, nuts/seeds, dairy, grains (except wild rice), and no processed or refined foods. No medicine, so I will try alternative methods if I get headaches from lack of caffeine...which should be minimal because I switched from black to green tea a few months ago anyway.

During my program I will blog about how I am doing and how I have been experimenting with new vegetable recipes. I am making my own salad dressing today for lunch on an endive salad (organic balsamic vinegar, flaxseed oil, organic Dijon mustard and water - forgot my fresh garlic today).

I have been drinking a lot of spring water (not tap) and adding fresh organic mint leaves for flavor. It makes the water look so pretty and inviting too :-)

So Day 1 is underway...more to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is the cleanse we sell in our office!!! It's the best one out there. It changes peoples lives every day. That's awesome your doing it. Good luck!

    Amy Albracht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy! I am feeling great (after day 2)...I have more energy. I am actually surprised at how good I feel. I am eating a lot of different fruits and vegetables with lentils and making my own dressings (from the recipe list).

    ReplyDelete