Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fast, Healthy Breakfast for kids and adults

Waffles with Organic Plain Yogurt, Organic Honey, Organic Strawberries and Almond Slivers....yummy breakfast!

This morning, I thought I would treat my little girls to something other than their normal organic cereals or eggs. We had Waffles and Yogurt.

I like the all natural Van's line of frozen waffles when I am in a hurry. I like the multigrain with blueberries or just the plain multigrain.

Toast 1 waffle, top with about 1/2 cup of organic PLAIN yogurt or Greek yogurt. The sugar in this dish mainly comes naturally from the honey and the strawberries, so do not buy the flavored yogurt for this meal....that is too much sugar in the morning (or anytime)! Drizzle about 1 tsp of natural organic honey over the yogurt and waffle. Top with strawberries (or any kind of berry or sliced bananas) and a few (1 oz) almond slivers.

My girls loved it and it is a great meal to start the day! I also like making this for myself. If I am running late, it is something that I can assemble at work (since we have a toaster) and eat at my desk if needed. With no butter or syrup, this is a healthy alternative to the usual pancakes! Enjoy!

As always, comments, feedback, and different ideas are welcome when trying these dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment