Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lunch and Dinner from Tuesday




Lunch yesterday was a Chicago-style Hot Dog. I used Oscar Mayer nitrate free hot dogs and Oroweat Wheat buns. You have to be careful with bread containing high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). HFCS and crystalline fructose, highly processed sweetner derived from corn, contain arsenic and metals. Corn has been injected with pesticides to produce the chemical itself to avoid spraying...really!! Ugh. See more on that at the end of this post. Oroweat and Pepperidge Farm breads are 2 of the best that I have found so far.

Dinner was a homemade chicken pot pie and butternut squash fries. These fries are a great alternative to french fries and my family loved them. My girls even asked for seconds. When buying chicken and beef, I always buy organic grass/grain fed without the hormones or GM processing.

Read this GM CORN short article (disturbing) - http://www.naturalnews.com/030045_GM_corn_rivers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment