Friday, June 17, 2011

Cooking Show for my girls

Tonight was a fun night with my kids. They have sat through so many cooking shows with me on TV that they wanted to pretend that the dinner I was making was part of a cooking show and they were watching. As I cooked, I explained what I was doing and they kept clapping for me. I let them taste the food as I went along.

Tonight's dinner was homemade chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce and macaroni.

Cut 2 organic chicken breasts into 24 nugget-size pieces. Cut 24 strips from refrigerated seamless bread dough. Dab a little drop of honey mustard on the chicken pieces. Roll each piece of chicken with each strip of bread dough. Place on baking sheet and cook about 20 minutes at 375 degrees or until chicken is cooked through.

For the sauce, mix 6T honey mustard with 3t low sodium soy sauce. Drop in chives or cilantro.

For the macaroni salad, mix 4 cups of the warm cooked pasta with 3/4 cup fat free mayo, 1/4 fat free sour cream and 3T sweet pickle relish. Once combined, add 1 cup split cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumbers, 1 green and 1 yellow diced bell peppers. 1/4 cup of diced red onion would be good too, but my husband doesn't like raw onions, so I did not add them. Use 1/4t sea salt and pepper each. Combine all together. Chill for about 15 minutes and serve.

Everyone loved the homemade chicken nuggets, but my girls did not like the macaroni salad. Both my husband and I really enjoyed the salad though.

Overall, it was a fun night at the 'cooking show'!!! Family time is great! Off to my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow, then to the Farmer's Market with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment